Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to improving the world one child and one community at a time.
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism, which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.
The mission of the Kiwanis Club of Williamsburg is to improve the quality of life through service,
fellowship, knowledge and financial resources.
The Kiwanis Club of Williamsburg seeks to change the world one child and one community at a time.
- Service - "Provide valuable community service that is fulfilling to the membership."
- Fellowship - "Encourage fellowship and friendship among Kiwanis family members."
- Knowledge - "Understand and apply the Kiwanis Objects, traditions, organizational structure and community needs."
- Financial Resources - "Raise external account funds from the community for distribution through a standard grant process and collect internal account funds for distribution through the budget process."
- Club Performance - "The Kiwanis Club of Williamsburg educates its Board of Directors, Officers, and Committee Chairs on their roles and responsibilities, sets annual goals for each, and holds each responsible for achieving their goals."